It’s the end of the winter motivator and it’s been great fun and certainly has motivated me to keep going though November and December which is what it was all about but best of all I’ve actually enjoyed it. We’ve ran, walked, hiked, scootered, Cani cross competitions, classes – Cani-Fit and boogie bounce to name a few.. Wow no wonder I’m tired! I’ve now also joined a gym.. Dear gawd what has happened to me. No longer do I drool over sparkly shoes but now it’s trail trainers and fab coloured running tights! Love it all and so does my happy and content Nismo. Thanks everyone for keeping us going and may 2015 be filled with lots more of the same.
I can’t believe it’s all over. 🙁 This has to be my most active (not to mention quickest) winter yet. This time last year I managed only a few runs and work made me miss lots of group classes. This year – what a transformation! (If we can ignore the few slips in running plans due to the December festivities)
Who’d have thought I would’ve found myself out running on Xmas Eve & Boxing Day, successfully out-running my 11yr old football star nephew, even running (willingly) through sleet! Usually I use an NI trip as an excuse to plank myself in front of the fire for the duration – not this time thanks to the motivator! I’ve even discovered a new trail at Strathy this week thanks to Freya & Jennifer!
When I set off on this challenge I wanted to get team ginner’s running mojo back and I think we may have done it!
– Charlie is running great. Even wee Ruby had a great time at Strathy yesterday didn’t put the breaks on once!
– We’ve completed our 2nd Canicross race (and our entry is submitted for Team Spanna’s return at Ruff Dugger).
– Our speed is coming back.
– We’re pretty much injury free.
– I’ve eventually got myself the PT I’ve been talking about for months
– At long last I’ve managed to do the cross-training Lindsay has been advising me to do for a year (soz it took me so long to listen properly): luv my Saturday bootcamps & returning to Pilates next week.
– And let’s not forget…the cake issue is now resolved! 2 weeks running none followed by cake! I think that deserves a medal (or a cheeky celebration cupcake)
We may never be long distance athletes or do the fastest 5k ever but I’m luvving getting outside and exercising with my dogs. I’ve met a great bunch of people & it’s so nice to see everyone’s progress. Great to see the transformation in people and celebrate in everyone’s successes.
Competition? Fancy trainers first prize? Pah I reckon the prize is turning us all into happily addicted canifitters 🙂
Happy New Year Team Canifit! Here’s to another year filled with fun, laughter & even more new members to the team! Big up to Lindsay – you’ve transformed us all! 🙂
See you on the 2nd for some seagull chasing!
Luv the Ginja Ninjas