Cani-Fit Privacy Notice
The Controller of all personal data collected and processed as outlined in this privacy notice is Cani-Fit:
5 Kilmarnock Road
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What data do we ask for, why do we need it and what do we do with it?
We take the personal data we need to process your booking or purchase, to process your payment for same, and to deliver the item or service you have purchased. We will keep your personal data on record for the purposes of delivering our businesses services that you have enquired about or purchased, for the purposes of analysing same to determine new or revised products and services, and for the purposes of letting you know from time to time via email about similar services or products we offer.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data
Our lawful basis for processing your data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract for the purchase of goods or services when you buy kit, class or event attendance.
We also process your personal data under the lawful basis of legitimate interest to analyse interest and purchase trends in kit stock and to inform stocking of same, for the purposes of determining who comes to class, when, how often and where, and for the purposes of determining event interest (type, date, location, entrant profile).
We also process your personal data under the lawful basis of legitimate interest for the purposes of sending information to you via email about kit, classes or events that we think may be relevant to you on the basis that you have previously purchased similar items or entries from us. You will always have the opportunity to opt out of such communications easily and quickly via a link provided in the relevant email.
Who will handle your personal data?
We will uphold the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data. Your personal data will be processed only by those required to ensure the successful delivery of the services you have requested and in the purpose of legitimate business interests. Those who may be involved in processing your data are as follows:
– providers responsible for implementing payment methods (Paypal and any event entry service providers)
– those responsible for customer facing service delivery (Cani-Fit Headquarters team and Class Leaders)
– those responsible for website management, and our Information Technology and Cyber Security advice and support providers
– those who provide our communication and marketing service (MailChimp).
We provide our business and event sponsors with general details of numbers on our mailing list and social media followers so that they can determine the potential reach of their sponsorship. We do not provide our sponsors (also known as “brand partners”) with any personal data of those on the mailing list. We will make you aware of our brand partners through our social media channels and may from time to time have representatives of same at our classes and events, but we will not pass your personal data to our brand partners (for example, for marketing purposes).
We respect you and your data. We will not spam you, sell your personal data to anyone, nor share your personal data with any third parties other than those detailed in this privacy notice.
As detailed in this privacy notice, we use MailChimp to provide our communication and marketing service. As MailChimp are a US-based organisation, we transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). MailChimp are members of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, therefore personal data is adequately safeguarded at all times during its transfer to MailChimp.
Data hygiene – keeping it clean and relevant
We practice active data hygiene. We will update our records if you notify us of a change. We pay attention to whether you open our emails and click through to the items noted therein. We know that sometimes injury can mean a prolonged break from the sport but that you like to stay in touch while you work towards your comeback, so we won’t remove you from our list without asking you first. If you say no, we will let you go.
Storage, communication, security and retention
Storage takes place electronically and personal data is held on our website servers and on the computers and phone devices of the Cani-Fit Headquarters team and Cani-Fit Leaders.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we need to for the purposes of performing the contract for provision of services and for the purposes of resolution of any issues arising in respect of same, or for the purposes of resolving any issues arising in relation to exercise of our legitimate interest. For the purposes of the relevant prescription period under Scots Law pertaining to such matters, we will hold your data for five years after the last date of active contact with us. Your data will then be deleted electronically from our system. Where you consent to your personal data being processed for the purposes of marketing, we will retain personal data until you withdraw your consent.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled.
As a data subject, you have the following rights:
– Right to access – you can request access to the personal data we hold about you
– Right to accuracy/rectification – you can let us know if any personal data is inaccurate/requires to be updated and we will amend same
– Right to be forgotten (erasure) – you can ask us to delete your personal data and we will do so (provided that we do not have a legal obligation to continue to process your personal data or processing is required for the performance of a contract)
– Right to restrict processing – you can ask us to temporarily halt processing of your personal data if there is a dispute over its accuracy, if you believe personal data is being processed unlawfully, or personal data is required for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
– Right to object – you have the right to object to us using your personal data for the purposes of public interest, or in the legitimate interests of the business, and for the purposes of direct marketing.
– Right to data portability – where the lawful basis for processing your personal data is consent or for the performance of a contract and processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and the right to request transmission of those data to another controller without hindrance.
Questions or if you need further information
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or you wish to exercise any of your rights as a data subject, please contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about any issues arising with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk). If you do have any concerns or queries, however, please do contact us. We take protection of your personal data very seriously and will do everything we can to address any concerns or issues you may have.
Last Edited on 24-July-2018