Intro to Bikejor: Part 1
Are you a total bike novice? Have you always wanted to try biking with your dog but feel clueless as to where to start?
Do you worry about even having to pump up your tyres? Are you worried about coming off your bike, never mind attaching a dog?!
If you’ve answered yes to any of these then this is the session for you.
We’ll take you through absolute back to basics bike skills in a completely non judgemental environment. We’ll be covering:
– Basic bike terminology, what kind of bike you need for the trails
– How to pump up your tyres and determine what is the correct tyre pressure
– Picking good terrain for you and your dog
– Gears! They’re not as scary as you think!
– Basic riding position and safe riding
– How to get your dog comfortable around your bike
– What kit you need to get started with bikejor
*THIS FIRST SESSION IS NO DOGS*
We will run follow up sessions where the dogs will be able to take part but for now, lets get you safely out on the trails without being pulled!
Will last approx 1.5 hours. Time for coffee and cake in Eglinton’s cafe afterwards too.
Meeting point is the new car park. Enter through the main entrance, you will pass a car park on your right hand side – continue past this to larger car park through the stone pillars
See our class info page for more detail on what to expect from a Cani-Fit class
- No dogs for this session – that will come later
- Bring your own bike
- Helmets are compulsory
- Be prepared to get a bit muddy!
- Please read our Weather Cancellation Policy