Are you ready to take your dog’s body awareness training to the next level?
Cani-Core is back for Level 2!
In Level 2, we’ll build on the skills learned in the Level 1 workshop and progress them onto the equipment. We’ll be working on the balance ball, balance donut, platform, balance cushion, balance disc, balance pad, wedge, paw pods, paw mats, and targets.
We’ll work on:
- Building your skills and your dog’s confidence around and in using the equipment
- Taking the skills learned in the floorwork in Level 1 and putting them onto the equipment
- Different ways to use the equipment to achieve desired aims
- How to combine pieces of equipment for a challenging and fun workout for your dog
- How to combine equipment and floorwork to create a fab workout for your dog
As with Level 1, we’ll continue to work on bond building, impulse control, confidence building, and management of arousal.
And all new for Level 2, we’ll be introducing cavaletti (poles/jumps) – perfect for working on balance and independent limb movement.
You will leave the session with a tool kit full of training exercises that can be used alongside your existing dog sport training regime to get your dog fit, flexible, strong, and raring to go!
We would recommend that you complete our Cani-Core Level 1 workshop before attempting Level 2 as this lays the foundation for the work done in Level 2.
You will need:
- Plenty of tasty training treats (chopped up cooked chicken/turkey and cocktail sausages work really well)
- A water bowl
- A mat for your dog
- 2-3 of your dog’s favourite toys (no balls please)
- A pad and pen
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
The session will be held at St. Andrew’s Church, Elmbank Terrace, Irvine, Ayrshire, KA12 0SG. There is ample car parking on site.